Thursday, March 1, 2012

Thankful Thursday

{Me and my sis}
Yesterday you got to hear how my sister came to know the Lord. As I shared yesterday it was a very special day for me as well. Kelly and I haven't always gotten along. Growing up we fought, a lot! When we were really little we didn't like playing the same things. I liked Barbies and playing school. She didn't. As we got older I would always borrow her clothes and that would drive her crazy! When her friends were over I was the annoying little sister that would bother them. As we got into high school we started to get along a little better. Neither one of us were home much so we didn't have time to fight. And as I mentioned yesterday I was "preaching" at her all.the.time!
After she graduated she moved out. We really didn't see each other much but stayed in touch. By the time I graduated and moved out my mom lived in Alabama and my dad didn't live in town either so Kelly and I only had each other. This was when our relationship started changing. We both were engaged and got married 6 months apart. Once she had my nephew we hung out a lot. Once I had Broderick we were together almost everyday.
Now...she is the person I call if I want an honest answer. She is the person I call to keep my kids overnight. She is the person that makes my hair look fabulous. She is the person who helps me scrapbook. She is the person that, I know, would do ANYTHING for me and my family.
Today I am thankful for my sister, Kelly.

1 comment:

Emily said...

That is so sweet... I was always sad that I never had a sister. Your very blessed to have each other! :)