Monday, March 19, 2012

WeekEND News

Before you read this let me remind you that it is still March and technically winter. The first day of spring is not until Tuesday.
That being said...
Friday night we had Broderick's Cub Scout Pinewood Derby. He loves this stuff. He gets to design and decorate a car and then race it. It was fun to see him get so excited.
Saturday I had a bridal shower for a friend, Carys had a birthday party and the boys went to a Monster Truck show! Broderick got to do this with his cousins which made it extra special.
We went to church Saturday night. My best friend's husband was preaching. He preached on God's faithfulness. I walked away impacted by something else. He shared a story about how when he was in high school he believed in "lifestyle evangelism." (Basically, you live your life and when people ask why you are different then you share the gospel with them.) He said that his mom, on the other hand, believed in full out sharing the gospel. So, when he had friends over she would leave gospel tracks in their coats. I talked to Chris' mom after church and she said she didn't even remember doing that. I find that interesting.
Ya see, as a mom this says one thing to me: I may never know the impact of the things I do and how they will affect my children and/or their friends.

Sunday we took the kids to this great park with a ton of paved paths. We packed a picnic, rode bikes, played on the playground...it was perfect!

When we got home this is what happened:

You can't see Carys but she is in her bathing suit. They played in the water. Remember, it is March...technically still winter and my kids are playing in the hose!

Sunday night we went to my sisters to celebrate her birthday. The whole family was there and we got to sit outside and have more fun! It was such a wonderful weekend!

No comments: