Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Motherhood

As I sit outside and watch the kids play, a thought comes to mind. It is a thought I have been having a lot this week.

School will be out in about 2 1/2 months. Summer will race by. School will start again. Next school year is going to be very different for me. Both of my kids will be in all day school. This brings up the conversation of be going back to work part time. I knew in my head this day would come. I didn't realize in my heart it was coming so quickly. My days of morning play dates, mom's group, having to get a sitter so I can go to the doctor...well, those days are just about gone! I didn't realize how hard this would be for me. In fact, I have cried a few times this week because of it.

I take pride in being a stay at home mom. And to think that this could be coming to an end is sad. Yes, I will still be cleaning, cooking, doing laundry and going grocery shopping. Yes, I will be the one taking kids to the doctor, volunteering at their school and staying home with them when they are sick. Yes, I will have summers and breaks off. Yes, I will still be a mother. It is just going to look very different.
I am learning more, with each new phase of motherhood, what Luke 2:19 means: "But Mary treasured up all these things, pondering them in her heart."

No comments: