I read this article the other day and it really got me thinking, "Man, the Lord has done some amazing things in my life over the last couple months and I don't think I have given him enough glory." So this post is all about Him and the things He has done in my life!
1. When my mom thought she had a nodule on her thyroid that could be cancerous it turned out to be thyroid tissue that wasn't connected to anything and the doctor pulled it out with her hand.
2. I have watched the Lord carry my best friend through one of the toughest things in her life. The death of her mother. Carrie has grown so much in this process and taught me a lot about trusting in him even when all we want to do is curl up and sob. She has looked outside of herself and sought out every opportunity to serve others in her suffering. One of the many reasons I love her so much.
3. After finding out I had a mole that was melanoma, something I would usually panic about God gave me a calm I have never felt before. I was scared don't get me wrong, but I just felt his presence through the whole thing. (Even when I was crying because I had to stay on the couch for 3 days and not walk!)
4. Watching my sister grow in her faith and praying one of her good friends through cancer to find out today that she doesn't have anymore cancer!
5. Being in awe of his wonderful creation. We have been studying Genesis at house church, and to just finish creation during this beautiful time of year has been such a blessing.
What has God been doing in your life?
Sunday, October 10, 2010
Broderick decided this year he wanted to do cub scouts. He saw the paper at school showing the kids doing archery and he was hooked. He has had 2 meetings so far and loved it. We got his uniform Thursday...he came home from school Friday and asked if he could put it on. He looks so cute in it. I personally have loved it too! Each month they do a family outing, which is great! They also teach great things. At the informational meeting the guy said, "I want to be very clear, we teach honoring God." I think that is great. Grant it, I believe it goes much deeper than just honoring him. To hear Broderick learn the motto, promise, and law of the pack have been awesome. He is working towards his first badge and I am so proud of him!
Saturday, October 2, 2010
As I mentioned in my last post things have been a little off here due to the removing of multiply moles from my back and leg. (I just had 2 more removed Thursday which means another 4 weeks of no lifting.) However, the Broderick didn't have school Friday so Rob took the day off and we headed to the zoo. It was a perfect day to be outside. And the animals were up and at em...literally. We got to see some feedings, including this snake eating a rabbit. Broderick of course was all about watching it and Carys and I hung in the background. She didn't want to look at all.
Then we got to see this lovely sight at the rhino exhibit. Of course Rob and I thought is was hilarious. Zoo keepers take this matter very seriously...you must be very quit so you don't disturb the love makers. We told the kids they were "wrestling." Broderick wanted to stay and watch the one on top know the other one over. I thought that was very funny. After a brief time the lady lost interest (surprise) and took off running. The male went running after her (surprise)!