Wednesday, March 14, 2012

My Greatest Love Story

I am so happy to bring another "love story" to you today. This one is from my best friend, Carrie. We have been friends for almost 8 years! We met in July of 2004 at a park. She called me about a week after that and we talked on the phone for about 2 hours. We have been great friends since then. We laugh a lot together...you see, she is always having me do crazy things. (Like come to parties and dress up!) We pray together. We have trivial conversations and watch stupid shows together (The Bachelor). We have deep, life changing talks. We have had babies 7 weeks apart from one another. And we have walked through some dark, sad days together. Here is Carrie's story:

Isaiah 41:10
“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”


My love story begins at a young age. The Lord blessed me with a family who loves the Lord and lives it! My mom and dad always had us at church and were always teaching us about the Lord at home. My parents taught us that it is about a relationship with the Lord and not just about attending a church or doing good deeds. One day when we were at church the pastor was talking about where we thought we would be when we die. Needless to say I didn’t know. I went home to my mom and started asking questions. She talked to me and told me that we are all sinners, but that Christ died for us, and that if we ask Him in our heart then we will be with Him when we die. So my mom prayed with me and I accepted the Lord! My life has never been the same. Don’t get me wrong I have had ups and downs. There have been many times where I had to get my focus on the Lord, but I don’t know where I would be without my relationship with the Lord!
The reason I wanted to put a picture of my mom along with our favorite verse is
because the Lord used my mom in my life in so many ways. She not only led me to accept the Lord, she was constantly turning my eyes to Him! When my mom was diagnosed with cancer the first time I struggled and then when it came back I struggled. The amazing thing about my mom is she kept her focus on the Lord. She would tell me she was in the Lord’s Hands. Right before she passed away she wanted us reading Scripture and devotions. She was a light to those around her. Nurses would say that all the time. Even as I write this I know she would not want the focus on her, she would want it first on the Lord! My mom’s life pushes me to continue to grow and seek the Lord! It has been really hard to lose my mom and I miss her everyday. She was my best
friend and we were always getting into something shopping, drinking coffee, laughing, and praying. I feel truly blessed that she was my mom and what I’ve realized typing this is that my mom not only led me to the Lord, but she continued to point my eyes to Him even through her
death! So thankful the Lord accepted me into His family and that He used my mom in my life to bring me to Him and keep me focused on Him! My dad gave us a letter from my mom after she
passed away and my mom said remember your first love! Thanks Amy for letting me do that through this blog post. Through these love stories I hope it helps others to remember their first love and for others to create one!

Thanks Carrie! I know that it can be hard to remember some of these things and I appreciate you sharing. Carrie's story and her mom have taught me several things, but mainly it is that being a mom is an important job. And long after mothers are gone we miss them and remember all the wonderful things they did for us. Mainly their relationship with the Lord. I don't know about you but that is good for me to know as a mom!

No comments: