Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My love story

Today you all get to read about a dear friend, Emily. Emily and I met when we were in 6th grade. We went to school together for only one year, but we were great friends. We were able to keep in touch a little after that year through Emily's cousin. Years and years passed and we lost touch. We both got married and started having kids. Then the wonderful Facebook came out and we were able to reconnect. We met up one and and it seemed as if we never stopped talking. For a couple years now we have been able to stay in touch and get together on occasion. She is one of those people that you just love being around. She is funny, compassionate, and encouraging. I am so blessed to have her in my life and I pray you are blessed by getting to know her a little better.
{Emily and her husband, Craig}
As a child I grew up in a Christian Home and prayed to ask Jesus to be the Lord of my life when I was seven.
Growing up had it's normal ups and downs. I drifted off the path the Lord had set before me and went my own way only to find myself lost many times over. But what I always noticed was that when I would cry out to the Lord to help me find my way back, He was there ready to lovingly put me in my place.

What I have come to notice in the last 23 years of following Christ is that the words the Lord spoke in Joshua 1:5 are true for me as one of HIS beloved children...

"Just as I was with Moses, so will I be with you. I will not leave you or forsake you."
To think that I, so much like a sheep, wander away from Him and yet His promise remains to not leave me or forsake me is more than I can comprehend. He is a Good Shepherd to bring me back to Himself over and over again. As I grew up and grew in my relationship with Jesus He has put callings on my life that I would have never ever done on my own. Just today my husband Craig and I were talking about the single hardest decision that we knew God laid before us. We followed Him, although terrified and uncertain. We had to to be reminded of Deuteronomy 31:6
quite often...

"Be strong and courageous. Do
not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you;
He will never leave you nor forsake you.”

And there it is again, and again, we found it to be true. And He has blessed us immensely. Whether we willingly go off the path He put us on or we stay on His path uncertain of where it will lead... His word tells us that He will never leave us nor forsake us. One of my favorite quotes was said by Charles Spurgeon...

"Settle this in your heart: Whether I am up
or down, the Lord Jesus is the same. Whether I sing or sigh, the promise is true
and the Promiser is faithful. Whether I stand on the summit or am hidden in the
vale the covenant stands fast and everlasting love abides."

I am not living the life I had planned. I am thankful that because of Him, I'm living the life He planned for me and even when I start looking at other paths because I'm a little scared of the one He has me on, I can remember
"The promise is true and the promiser is faithful."
He will never leave me or forsake me, He promised me that.
There is truly no greater love than His.
{Emily's 5 beautiful children. Elijah, Noah, Grace, Elizabeth, & Hannah}
Thanks Emily for sharing! I don't know about all you, but I am truly amazed at how different each story has been! It just goes to show that our relationship with Jesus truly is a personal one. I am so glad that I have a Savior that knows me personally and cares for me!

No comments: