Friday, March 9, 2012

Clearly I have Issues!

I tend to think that I have an addictive personality.

Diet Coke
Coffee
Reality TV
Chocolate
Graham crackers and icing
Zumba (wish I was more addicted to this)
A Clean House

Before you go thinking, "You are not addicted to those things." Let me stop you right there.
Monday all I ate throughout the entire day was coffee, diet coke, cookies (about 10) and a donut. Now...do you think I have a problem?

If it were my choice I would live on sweets. Trust me, by the end of a day like Monday I am feeling the affects. I am exhausted, my stomach is killing me, and I am thinking, "What have I done!?" But then Tuesday comes and it is a similar scenario. Symptoms of an addict? I think so.

So, what is a girl to do? I mean as much as I would like to, I can't continue eating like this.

I have tried to at least eat 3 "normal" meals this week. They may not be the healthiest, but c'mon...they have been better than cookies!

I know I have been talking mostly about food, but it is the same with other stuff. I will walk around my house all day and pick stuff up and put it away. I would watch just about any reality tv and crave more. When I am not at Zumba I think about when the next class is and how I can get there. (This doesn't always happen because I do have a family I need to be with. But if I could, I would do Zumba 6 days a week!)

How do I kick these habits? I know how to...but do I really want to?
And that my friends is the problem.
Do I want to? Do I really want to?

Tell me...what are you addicted to? (If anything.) Do you struggle with similar issues?

1 comment:

Ferree Bowman Hardy said...

Regular Coke! I love it, I crave it, and I've been allowing/consoling myself with one a day. Now my pants don't fit! (consequences, duh). I need to go back on the no-carb diet. Carbs really do trap me in a crave cycle. Looking forward to our carb-loaded, caffienated breakfast together!