Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My Greatest Love Story

Today I get to share with you a story that is very dear to me. It is my sister, Kelly, sharing with us. I remember the day she decided to give her life to the Lord. It was almost more special to me than the day I gave my life to the Lord. You see, I spent years praying for her. I also "beat her over the head" with the Bible. Which in turn, I feel, did more harm than good. So to know that God worked in spite of me is amazing. Reading it over again today still brings tears to my eyes. I pray it touches you as well!
{My sister, Kelly, and brother in law, Justin}
I was raised catholic and felt like I had a great "prayer" life but never a real personal relationship with Jesus. Then I was invited to bible study by Sybil and Heather (neighbors). Sybil and I were not close in the beginning actually I felt we actually clashed I did however decide to attend the study it was over Proverbs 31! During the study I could really feel God working in my heart changing me into the woman HE wanted me to be! I attended Apex at the time and one Sunday felt an overwhelming urge to confess my new found faith! My sister was there with me which means so much! It was a day I will never forget! My journey has had many ups and downs, I remember thinking after I was "saved" how the ease of life would begin. Boy was I wrong! After suffering deep depression soon after being saved, I literally clung to the Bible. I'm talking a feeling like this is it all that will get me through this is JESUS! I was right enduring the darkest days of my life with Jesus by my side! Knowing now that Jesus died for MY sins and that I have ever lasting life gives me strength and purpose to live the life he wants for me! My verse, Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future", gives me so much hope and strength!
Thanks for asking me to share, Amy. I really enjoyed writing and meditating over this Love story!
{My nephews, Jamison and Kyler}

No comments: