Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Oh...The Bachelor!

Have I mentioned before that I hate The Bachelor? Somehow, (3 friends!) I ended up watching it again this season. I did a post awhile back on why NOT to watch The Bachorlette. Today, Ben...it is your turn!
I am willing to bet that no matter what woman and man you put together on these dates, they would fall in love! Helicopter rides, private concerts, picnics on Mayan Ruins, the most gorgeous hotels you have ever seen! My opinion, put these people in a restaurant with 2-3 kids and try to eat dinner. Go grocery shopping as a couple. Figure out a budget. Are you falling in love now?!
When they run out of things to say, what do they do? They kiss! I mean seriously! And if I have to watch Ben lick his lips one more time before he kisses someone...good heavens!
These girls clearly do not eat. ANYTHING! But oh boy can they drink. Drinks in the morning, noon, and night. Maybe I need to adopt that diet!
It gets cheesier and cheesier as it goes on. The music, the conversation, all of it.
"I am in love with you because you make me happy." News flash ladies, being in love is not about you being happy! It is a choice. It is a commitment. It is about making the other person happy.
These poor girls are so confused. Usually I start the season with a favorite. This year it was Kasie B and Lindzi. By the end, I am praying that he gets rid of them because they seem halfway normal and I don't want them to end up with this scum bag. (Ben probably is not a scum bag.) I also usually have a least favorite. Can you guess who it was this year? Courtney. I want him to pick her. I actually feel really bad for her. I think she is the most confused of them all.
I will never understand how he goes from one girl to the next and just makes out with them...if not doing more. And how are the girls okay with this. Don't even get me started on the overnight dates!
This is no way to meet a husband or wife. It makes entertaining tv (and blog posts) but no way to meet a mate.
Why does Chris Harris have to come out and tell us, "This is the last rose of the night." What, are you serious? I can't count...to one!
I hate, hate, hate, that these girls get their hearts broken. I believe that they are seriously putting their feelings and emotions out there. Only to be rejected. It really makes me so sad! I just want to give them a big hug and tell them how special they really are.
Obviously there are things I like about this show or I wouldn't spend weeks and weeks watching it. In a couple weeks there will be the finale and we will finally get to see which girl he chooses and who gets their heart broken. I can't wait!
Today I am linking this post up to Oh Amanda and Top Ten Tuesday.

No comments: