Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Oh, The Bachelorette!

I am not a fan! I mean, I am, I guess.
Here is usually how the Bachelorette season goes for me...

commercials start showing, Me: "I am not watching that this season!"
then it starts and guess what, I am watching. All the while yelling at the tv that "she" is driving me crazy and I just want to punch the guys!

This year myself and my 3 best gal pals watched it every Monday together. So of course, we watched the finale last night. Today, I am linking up with Oh Amanda and bringing to you the top ten reasons you should and should NOT watch the Bachelorette!

Reasons to not watch and find something better to do with your time!

~ This is not reality people. Who goes all around the world on first dates?
~ Hours upon hours are wasted watching one woman date multiple men!
~ Staying up way to late and eating way to much food while watching.
~ Someone gets their heart broken, always.
~ I get invested in these people and then never get to see how "real" life plays out after the final rose!
~ It makes me so mad! The whole thing...she is dating all these guys, making out with one at one day and then next night making out with another. Uhhhgggg! You know, she knows who she wants to pick and then has to sting these other poor guys along for the ride!
~ How often does this "true love" really last?
~ She never picks the guy I want and then I get so upset!
~ And then...He usually ends up being the Bachelor so I am sucked in again!
~ You may end up jumping into a pool fully clothed...like me!

And now I give you reasons you should watch it:

~ When else do you get to watch grown men act like fools for a girls attention. (Masked Man, Will the comedian, Drunk dude...need I say more!?)
~ To hang out with girlfriends, laugh and eat!
~ To be reminded that there are scumbags, like Bentley, in the world.
~ To make fun of the crazy outfits "she" tries to pull out at the rose ceremony. (Little black dress...)
~ To hear Chris Harris say, "This is the final rose of the night." Thanks Chris, I don't know how to count to one!!!
~ All I am going to say is... Ames!! This poor guy...I laugh just typing his name!
~ And of course, The Men Tell All, who doesn't love to watch these men go after each other. (Poor Will!)
~ Who doesn't love to watch a little drama...like Ashley's sister! Wow!! That was entertaining!
~ Because you get to go to a finale party and bet on who you think she is going to pick...
~ And then end up in a pool fully clothed because you lost!

And there you have it...my love/hate relationship with the Bachelorette!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What party are you having?? If you get sucked into the next one, invite me next time!! I love it too. :)

Amy Bennett said...

You must be in my head :) I didn't watch this season but I had to catch the last 20 minutes last night because I just couldn't stand not seeing the proposal.

Rochelle said...

I watch it just to hear Darrell moan and groan that he isn't going to watch it and then he knows everyone's name and watches it every week and yells at the bachelor/or bachelorette.

jubilee said...

And now I wish I had watched this season! lol

Jen @ BigBinder said...

I get picked on SO badly about watching the Bachelor/ette. But it's frustration that makes me swear I am not watching again the next season. But I always do. Oh... I could write a whole post... you should read I Hate Green Beans if you don't already; she does bachelor recaps on Tuesdays and they are HILARIOUS!
btw... I loved William and can't wait for the Bachelor Pad, but I didn't watch the first one. Hoping I can get through Jake/Vienna long enough to watch everyone else. In cluding Ames. Poor Ames.