Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Movie Night

Yesterday I mentioned how Sunday was a totally lazy day, and how perfect it was! I forgot to share with you all (you are there, right!?) the great movie we watched. I was so excited to tell you how great it was that I forgot to mention it. You see, every Sunday for the past like 6 years we do pizza and movie night on Sunday. I love it! It is a great way to end the weekend and start the week. After that long of watching movies it is really hard to find new ones that the whole family can watch and will like. (Trust me, there are some doozies out there!)
I choose Soul Surfer for Sunday. It was fabulous! If you have never heard of it, it is about Bethany Hamilton. (You should read her story, just click on her name.) She is one amazing little girl. I had to fight back tears through the whole movie. I was thinking, she has great, wise parents...
and
...she is so strong!

When we turned it off I just kept thinking, and still am, I want my life to count for something. Not in the eyes of man, but in the eyes of the Lord. I know that the Lord has given me two sweet little kiddos to love on and be an inspiration for. Which is a struggle each day!

Anyhow, watch the movie and tell me what you think!

1 comment:

jenny said...

We saw it when it was in the theater and loved it too! The kids loved it so much that we actually just bought it on dvd. It is an amazingly well done movie that definitely shows Bethany's tremendous commitment to Christ! Glad to hear you guys enjoyed it!