Monday, August 29, 2011

Weekend News

This weekend was kind of a big deal...


That boy...
started riding his 2 wheeler!

It is a right of passage, I feel.
Remember the first time your child took his first steps?
That is what it felt like.

I left to go to Zumba and when I came home this is what I saw. I am sure some of you are thinking, "he is almost 8, he should be riding a 2 wheeler." (If you are, shut up!)
That is partly true, but the thing is...Rob and I don't have bikes and we don't have sidewalks.
So it is just one of those things we don't really do.

Saturday, he decided it was time. He hopped on and figured it out!
I am so proud of him!

(Now I am hoping Rob and I do get bikes!)

1 comment:

Emily said...

That is a big deal! Elijah just learned a couple of weeks ago too, and he and Broderick are the same age! :) I liked that whole "then SHUT UP!" thing because that is exactly how I feel! Way to go Broderick!! :)