Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thankful Thursday

This day I find myself thinking...

I am thankful for the fun day I had with Carys...


I am thankful that school starts in less than a week...

I am thankful the weather has been cooler and the sun is shinning.


I would love to write about all those things, but what I really want to tell you I am thankful for is my husband's job. He has worked for the same company for 15 years. God has used this place in so many ways to provide for us. Most recently, was about a week or so ago and it was totally unexpected.

(Rewind)


We had just got done hearing from a
fabulous family and what God is doing in their lives through the orphans in Africa. (To read more about their story go here. Really, go read!!) I worked for Diana a few years ago and consider her a mentor and her daughter babysits for us. Needless to say, they are a super neat family! Anyhow, after we got home Rob and I were talking about what God is asking of us?
Do we have a purpose here...

in our little community?
where he works?

with the people we come in contact with everyday?


Soon after this conversation we found out that Rob was getting a job promotion!
I mean, seriously!? I knew God was saying, what you do and where you are matter! Stay and keep doing! Not only was Rob getting rewarded for working hard God was answering a prayer for us. I understand that with so many people loosing their jobs and getting pay freezes that God does not need to do any of this for us.

But He did and I am THANKFUL!

No comments: