Wednesday, August 24, 2011

And they are off...

(sigh)

I know I was just saying, "I can't wait for school to start."
And you all were saying, "The first day you will be saying, I wish they were home."

Well, guess what...you were right.

I do miss them, true. (wipe tears)
But I know they will be home soon.

Yes, it is sad to watch them grow up and go off on new adventures...alone.
But it isn't that I want to freeze time or keep them this small forever.
I just want to enjoy every moment and have no regrets. (Which I know neither is possible.)
I love these two little blessings more than words can express and I don't want anything or anyone to harm them. (Which I know is not possible either.)
This is where the grace, love and faith in the Lord come in.

There is a song on the radio right now...as I type this...that says:
Be strong in the Lord
And never give up hope
You're gonna do great things
I already know
God's got His hand on You
So don't live life in fear
Forgive and forget
But don't forget why you're here
Take your time and pray
These are the words I would say

I would say, this pretty much sums up my prayer for my little loves. (and me!)

In case you are wondering they got off to school great! Last night we went out to dinner, gave them back to school gifts, made breakfast cake, packed lunches, made sure clothes were ready, and said our prayers for the day and year. This morning everyone woke up ready to go. Carys was very excited. I think Broderick was a little nervous. (He is going to a new school and riding the bus with older kids.) After they both got on the bus I went up to Carys school to take pictures of her there. She got off the bus and ran straight into my arms. Then she walked right into school.

I went over to a friends for coffee. We talked and shared about each of our mornings. (Her girls are Kindergarten and second grade too.) It was special to have 2 other moms to talk to. Carys will get home soon and Broderick later on. I can't wait to talk to both of them about their days.

No comments: