Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Back to School Schedules

As I mentioned yesterday, and many times before, I love routine. I also love having a list and crossing things off that list! With back to school in exactly 2 weeks my brain is spinning with all the things I need to do and ideas I have to help the transition be smooth. One of those things is Responsibility Charts. I have done charts for my kids for as long as I can remember for many different reasons. (This is their list.) I also don't like repeating myself...

"Put your dirty clothes in the hamper."
"Clear you plate from the table."
"Brush you teeth."

You know how it goes!

This is where the charts come in great use. I intend to make 3 charts for each child. Morning, after school, and before bed.

Morning chart: make bed, get dressed, brush teeth, clear table, read Bible, school bag and lunch box packed.

After school chart: homework, one chore, putting book bag and lunch box away.

Before bed chart: pick out clothes for next day, pack book bag, pick up room, brush teeth.

This is a simple way for a child to look at something and know what they need to do without you having to tell them over and over again. If your child is to young to read you can use pictures. I am so excited to get my charts made and start this back to school routine!

I am linking up with Works for Me Wednesday.

4 comments:

simply heidi said...

This is great! I have a link-up about chores right now. Would you consider sharing it?
http://www.franticallysimple.com/2011/08/11/family-work-chore-charts/

Amy said...

Heidi, I would love to link up! I will do it now! Thanks!

simply heidi said...

Thanks! Glad to have you.

simply heidi said...

Amy - I'm so glad you linked up. That means you were automatically entered you into my Labor Day Giveaway and you won! http://www.franticallysimple.com/2011/09/02/family-work-when-work-is-play-giveaways/
The cute dust bunny is yours. Can you send me your email address/contact info so I can pass it on the the sponsor?
heidi @ franticallysimple.com (no spaces).
Congratulations!