Friday, September 2, 2011

Once a Month Resolution

Did anyone notice I didn't make a resolution in August?

I didn't...until about the 24th!

I decided then that my resolution for September was going to be to

slooooooowwww dooooowwwwn!

With school starting and me being a person that likes to cross things off a list it is easy for me to rush around and get things done.

My goal the last couple of weeks and for the month is to not rush things.

Homework. Getting ready in the morning. Eating dinner. Leaving to go somewhere.

You know how it goes...

"Hurry up and eat, we have to get ready for bed!"

"Hurry up and grab a toy, I am leaving! NOW!"

"Hurry up and get dressed, the bus is coming."

This can be very challenging, but I am working on it. It is amazing how many conversations, smiles, and special moments that can be missed just because of being in a rush.

I challenge you to also slow down a bit and just enjoy the moment!
(Even if you have somewhere to be.)

No comments: