Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thankful Thursday

To be perfectly honest...
I am not feeling very thankful today.

I have one kid crying because he has homework and wants a friend to come play.

Laundry overflowing.

Dishes that need loaded in the dishwasher, but no dish soap.

I am tired.

I have been working a lot lately. Volunteering at Carys' school and subbing at the preschool. (Which I love!)

I am working on a "project" for my friend who is going to Africa that is kind of stressing me out. It involves a lot of details and I am not a detailed person. Why wouldn't Satan want me to be stressed when I am trying to minister to children that have nothing? I just keep praying, "Lord, you will work this out."

I am just feeling a little stressed. I don't want to sound like I am complaining, because I am not. Just keeping it real my friends.

But this is why I do these posts. Even when life gets busy...I need to pause and be thankful.

On Tuesday, my favorite band, NeedToBreathe, released a new album. I really think it is about the only thing that is keeping me sane this week. I have listened to it non-stop. I would strongly suggest you check them out if you haven't.

Even the name of the band relaxes me. It reminds me to breathe through the stress. Stop and pray, "Lord, you will work all this out." Whether it be

...laundry.

...crying kids.

...homework.

...dishes.

...exhaustion.


Today I am SO thankful for music.
Especially NeedToBreathe.

What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

ky said...

awww! i hear ya Amy. i am trying to psych myself up to go do laundry now and get off this computer. :/ but just know that you are SUCH a blessing to all those people/responsibilities that you mentioned. and the Lord will give you the strength and energy to get done what you need to (and it might not all get done). don't worry about the cutting... maybe we can have a girls sleepover party a few days before we need to have all that stuff done (if it's not already done) and just pound it all out that night. :) anyway, thanks for being positive even though you are stressed. and thanks for all you do for our house church and the people around you! love ya!