Monday, September 5, 2011

Weekend News

It was so nice to have a long weekend! We sent the summer out in style this weekend! Friday and Saturday were blazin' hot to say the least. About 95 degrees both days.
Friday night we went to the pool with friends.
Saturday we went to the water park. We had to be in the water or we were hot.
Sunday was raining so we took the kids bowling. We had never done this as a family. It was great fun.
Monday the temperature dropped about 30 degrees...literally. We bundled up and went to a Renaissance Festival in our area. Now...before you start laughing (like my best friend did!) it was super fun.
Broderick loved looking at all the swords and weapons.
Carys loved looking at all the pretty dresses.
Rob and I loved making fun of all the people. Ohh shoot...I am sorry, I didn't mean to type that. Yes I did, who am I kidding!?
Best. People watching. EVER!

No lie! There are so many pictures to show you and so many things to say about the people at this festival so it is getting its own post later on the week.
In all seriousness we really had a great time.
Now tomorrow we are back to the weekly routine...you know the one...school, homework, chores.
Oh, and I am going to take Carys to the doctor. She has these blister looking things on her hands, feet and some on her legs. My kids have never had hand, foot and mouth but after looking at pictures online, I am going to guess that is what it is. We will see what the doctor says.
Funny things is, she cried when I told her she wasn't going to school tomorrow. She is so funny!

No comments: