Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Back to reality

I am sure most of you are saying this today (or yesterday. or tomorrow.)

Everyone in my house headed back to work and school. Well, almost everyone. Broderick has been sick since Saturday so he stayed home.

I had this post already written in my head for today. It went something like this:

The house is quit.
I am sitting drinking my new favorite hot drink. Tazo Vanilla Rooibos tea. (I don't really drink coffee anymore. This is my go to drink...thanks to the Starbucks worker!)
I have mixed emotions about everyone being back at work and school. I am ready to return to normal routine, but I have loved every minute of break. Sleeping in...which I did! Lazy days. Fires. Cookies. Late movie nights. Day trips. It was fabulous!

Now back to everyday routine and many things to do today.

Time in the word.
Call the doctor.
Clean the bathrooms.
Laundry.
Read.
Make cards.
Sew.

I never got to that post because I have an 8 year old home with a fever.

I did enjoy my tea and time in the word first thing this morning. I hope to do that every morning!

And instead of making cards and reading, I am listening to the sweetest little laughs coming from the playroom. (Real sick...I know!!!) All those things on the list...they will be there tomorrow (along with a few others) and I am just fine with that! Right now, I am enjoying today!

No comments: