Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Some mornings in our house can be rough. (School mornings, that is.) Especially after a 2 week long break. And I am not just referring to the kids.

I normally like to go to bed around 10:00...if I haven't already fallen asleep on the couch. Over break I got in the habit of staying up late. Only because I was sleeping in until about 9:00. (Which I never do!) Since school has started back up I have had a hard time falling asleep. Which means, I have an even harder time getting up at 6:15. All week I have had to wake the kids up, which normally does not happen. They both keep saying to me, "Can you give me a few more minutes?" Which I do. Then the rest of the morning is rushed, and we are all tired, so meltdowns are happening. It's a good time.

For 3 years, I have been trying to figure out how to make this part of our day better. Even to the point I have thought, "If I home schooled I would not have to worry about this." Then I snap back to reality and realize I would have a whole lot more to worry about. So that is not an option at this point in my life. I have "responsibility charts", we pick out clothes, breakfast, lunch/snacks the night before and still...mornings can be very frustrating. I am still praying and talking to Rob and the kids to try and figure out what will work best for us. (I am going to be thankful by the end of this post...wait and see.)

So as my alarm went off this morning and I laid there thinking, "I just want to stay in this warm bed," I prayed. Then I kept thinking, "I just want to stay in this warm bed!" It is so comfy and cozy. And then I started thinking, "Some people don't even have beds!" There are people that live in my town that have homes, but no beds. They sleep on the floor. Think about putting your kids to bed at night on the floor, and not because they want to or they are having a sleep over, but because they have to! It breaks my heart. A few years ago my sisters family, mom and step dad and our family didn't give Christmas gifts to each other. Instead we bought a family new beds. It is one of my favorite gifts I have ever received!

Today I am thankful for my bed!

No comments: