Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My hope is in the Lord

Have you heard the world is going to end this year?

I am sure you have.

Last night at while I had Carys at ballet these 2 families got into a discussion about the world ending. I was not in this conversation and they were far enough away from me that I couldn't join in, but I could hear it. They were talking about preparing, and what do they prepare for if the world is ending. They were talking about the poles shifting and the ocean waters rising and what day this was all going to happen.

I was sitting there listening. Thinking. Praying.

The world is going to end. I believe that. I don't know if it will be this year or 1,000 years from now. I do know the Bible says, "Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away. But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only." (Matthew 24:35-36)

I don't know if the poles will shift or if the ocean will rise. But I do know the Bible says, “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then will appear in heaven the sign of the Son of Man, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory." Matthew 24:29-30

I don't know who will die and what will happen to the people left here but I do know the Bible says, "Then two men will be in the field; one will be taken and one left. Two women will be grinding at the mill; one will be taken and one left. Therefore, stay awake, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming. But know this, that if the master of the house had known in what part of the night the thief was coming, he would have stayed awake and would not have let his house be broken into. Therefore you also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect." (Matthew 24:40-44)

I am a worrier so it can be very easy for me to go down the path of thinking, "What if the world ends on 12-12-12?" When I start thinking this way I have to go back to the truth. Back to the Bible. I have to remind myself that God's promises are not empty and he is taking me home with him. I was not made for this world. My home is in heaven. He is preparing a place for me. I don't know when I will see it but I know one day I will! I don't know about you, but I choose to put my hope in the Lord and His promises!

No comments: