Friday, December 30, 2011

{eleven}

That is how many years Rob and I have been married.

When I think back to this day 11 years ago, a lot of things come to my mind.

I think of the snow. It snowed while I was sleeping, so I woke up in a little cottage with my mom and one of my bride maids to a blanket of snow. (It was truly gorgeous and a dream come true. I had really hoped that when we picked a December day it would snow.) I also woke up puking. Nerves...they got to me.

I think of all the special people that were with me that day. My grandfather from Las Vegas who was really sick. My special cousin that lives thousands of miles away. Rob's grandmother who was also very old and it was extremely hard for her to travel. Men Rob went to college with that I had never met. My parents, sister and brother in law. Rob's family...who were now becoming my family. Friends, that I don't get to see anymore.

I think of the beautiful evergreen trees that decorated the stage. The candlelight. The dresses...my dress. The music Rob and I listened to for hours.

I think of getting dressed in the church nursery and hearing all the people coming in to celebrate with us.

I think of waiting in the hallway with my dad. The tears welled up and overflowed. Tears of joy and excitement. My dad said, "Are you okay?" I think he was thinking, "Is she sure she wants to do this." I had never been more sure of anything.

I think of turning the corner and looking down the aisle.

I think of the man that waited. Waited...for me. With a smile and tears.

Eleven years later here we are. A lot has happened in 11 years. A lot of goodness and blessings! I am so thankful that God has blessed me with this man and 11 years of marriage.

I can't wait for the next 11!

2 comments:

Ricki said...

Happy Anniversary friend! I am excited that we get to be a part of your next "eleven" :)

Jan Loyd said...

Beautiful, Amy! How wonderful to have a Christmas wedding...but most importantly the godly man God gave you! I loved reading this,,,easy to visualize your beautiful day!
John & I just celebrated 40 years at Thanksgiving...if you'd like to read mine...here's the link:
http://www.abranchinthevine.com/?p=1555