Thursday, December 15, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Lately I have been feeling the weight of being a mom.

Do you ever have those times?

When you feel like this responsibility is just to much?

When you feel like you are missing the whole point?

When you feel like you just want to do it right?

Maybe you don't have them, but I do.

I heard this song this morning on the radio. It is a Christmas song about Mary, and for the life of me I can't remember what it is called. (If you have any clue let me know. A woman sings it and it is not "Mary did you know.") It is basically about what a huge responsibility God placed on her with being the mother of Jesus.

In no way am I comparing myself to Mary. She birthed and raised God himself!!! I can not even imagine.

The song, however, did make me think of this "job" that God has given me. He has trusted me with 2 lives.

2 lives He created.

2 lives that mean more to Him than they do to me.

2 sweet, amazing blessings!

Sometimes, I get overwhelmed with it all.
Often, I fail them.
Frequently, I lose my patience.
Always, I love them. Always!



Today I am thankful that God has entrusted me with the precious name, Mom!

2 comments:

Ricki said...

Was it Breath of Heaven by Amy Grant? If so, I love that song...totally know what you mean. It IS a HUGE responsibility, but you are doing a great job! God chose the perfect momma for those 2 little loves! :)

Amy said...

IT IS!!!! I was cooking dinner tonight and I just started singing it. Who would of thought...a song by Amy Grant!!! Thanks friend....you are so kind!