Monday, October 3, 2011

Weekend News

We had a great weekend!

(Do I say that every Monday?)

Friday the weather turned cold. COLD!

We had already bought tickets to go to the high school football game so we bundled up and headed up to the field.

Of course, we went out to eat before at one of my favorite local places.

We were very cold, but we had a great time with our friends.

I found it very humorous that the high school played against the high school that Ricki, Jeremy and I went to. Big rivals people! It was way better to be sitting on this side of the field!

Saturday, we did some work around the house and then went shopping. We bought this ginormous mirror for above our couch.

You may remember awhile ago I did a post about needing help with my wall color and mantel. Well, Maria from the B.M.C. Report, helped a sister out. She suggested we move the shelves and break up the wall space with a huge, bulky mirror. Rob and I both liked the idea so the work began.

We were up until midnight Saturday rearranging things. I think we have most of it figured out and I love it.

I really want my pictures back on the walls so we need to still work on that.


Here is the fireplace before...

I would say an improvement! A fresh coat of paint, removed the fireplace doors, and added a few things. The mantel is not done. We are going to get a deeper shelf, hang something up and put different things on the shelf. It is hard right now because the shelf is only about 4 inches deep.

Here is the before of the walls...


And the after...

What do you think?

No comments: