Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Ready to go snacks and lunches

I can not take credit for the AMAZING idea. I found it on Pinterest. (Where else?)

It makes my mornings and sometimes my afternoons, so less hectic.

It is really simple, quick and easy.


Simply find some sort of storage box. I used the plastic things that salad comes in. (Reuse. Let's be good to the environment.)

Then fill baggies, or reusable containers, with snacks and lunch items. I have containers with ham and cheese ready to go. I can either slap in (literally) on some bread or throw in some crackers with it. There is carrots, celery, fruit, yogurt...whatever your kids like.

I do one box for lunches and one box for snacks. I also have one in the snack drawer for lunches.

In the morning I grab what I want to pack Broderick, or what he wants, and put it in his lunch box.

When the afternoon comes and I hear the "snack time blues," you know the ones...

"I am starving."
"Can I have a snack."
"I am so hungry."

I simply say, "Get something out of the snack drawer or box in the fridge." This way, I know they are getting something healthy, and they can do it themselves.

I did forget to pack Broderick's drink today so I am off to drive up to school to drop it off. Oops!

Today I am linking up with Works for me Wednesday. Go check out all the other great ideas!

Also, today is your last day to enter the giveaway. I will announce the winner Friday!

2 comments:

TJ said...

Dear Amy i love your blog. its a for me to keep up with you guys. so i think i should win. your loving father inlaw.(or outlaw)ps iam also on a fixed income.GB

Maury said...

TJ pulled the family card, so not fair.....LOL