Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Friends, I can not tell you how excited I am about this post! It literally had me in tears this morning!

My friend, Jeni, is heading up an effort to give gifts to all the foster kids in the county she lives in. Now, I don't know Jeni super well, but there are a few things I do know about her.

She is humble.
She is caring.
She is compassionate.
She is generous.
And she has a huge conviction for foster care!

I would love for you to go read the story of how God gave her this brilliant idea.
Did you read it? If not, go do it now and then come back.

Ok, are you thinking, "Why do these little girls need American Girl dolls?"
If so, STOP! What girl does need an American Girl doll, or 2, or 3? None.
That is not the point. Why shouldn't they have something special too!? Are only our little girls entitled to get expensive things? I don't think so.

Think back to a time when you were little and there was one thing you really wanted for Christmas. Do you remember the excitement when you opened it! I do!

One year my sister and I got leather bomber jackets (I know...sweet! Hey, it was the 90s!) and TVs for our rooms. We were so excited!

Think about bringing that kind of happiness and excitement to a child this Christmas that has nothing!

So now, go back to Jeni's blog and donate, please! I can not wait to hear how God is going to work through this amazing opportunity!



So in all this you might be thinking, "What is Amy thankful for today?" (Does it really matter?)

Today I am thankful for foster parents and the love they have for children that may only spend a brief part of their lives with them.

2 comments:

Fostering Christmas Care said...

Thank you!!! I appreciate this so much!

the Momma Bird said...

beautiful :) thank you for sharing amy!