Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Carys addition

I thought today we could get a little "perspective" from a five year old about being thankful.

I asked Carys what she was thankful for and her first response was, "That you could come to my school today." Now, don't get me wrong folks, I am thankful that I can go to her school too, but I really don't want to right a post about myself, so...

I asked again.

"Our house."

"Why?"

"Because we have beds to sleep in, I like it and we need somewhere to live."

"What do you like about our house?"

"That we can watch shows and movies. I like our playroom."

I think we do take our houses for granted. (At least I do anyway.) It is so easy for me to forget, or not think about, the people that don't have homes.

Sunday at church we had the privilege of listening to a choir made up of homeless people. It was truly a blessing to listen and watch these people sing and worship the Lord. They really have nothing else. When we walked into church I told Broderick that all the people singing had no homes. He was shocked! Understandably. He has never been exposed to homeless. He can not comprehend what it would be like to not have a home, food, clothes, toys. He has never gone without. While we have talked about this subject and gave to the poor, I don't think he...shoot I can't...comprehend this matter.

Today, Carys and I are thankful for our house!


What are you thankful for?

No comments: