Monday, July 18, 2011

WeekEND News

Nothing super exciting happened this weekend, but it was a great summer weekend. Friday night we went swimming at my bff's parents house with her and her family and Family Fun Mom and her family. It was a great time.
(It always is when I get together with these fab ladies!)

Saturday Rob fixed our leaking pipes under the sink...exciting I know! Then we hung around home ALL day! It was blazing hot so the kids played on the slip n slide and with water guns.
Thankfully we got out a little that night. Being home all day can make yours truly a little nutso!
Sunday we went to church and then went to the pool for the afternoon. I love the pool. It is fun to watch Broderick go off the board and swim in the "deep" part. He is getting so big!
Sunday night we had pizza and movie night of course. This week we decided to grill pizza. It was amazing! I will for sure do this again!
I laid out different toppings for everyone and we all made our own.
My finished product...ham and sauerkraut! Sounds gross I know, but it was delicious!

Last night I also decided to start running. My friends had told me about the couch to 5k program, so I did day one last night in the rain. It was actually kind of fun! When I got home I read an encouraging post and article.
Both of them changed my perspective for the week.

This week I am saying yes to...
running.
playing with my kids.
serving my family.
eating good.
being joyful.
getting up early to read my Bible.
having fun.

No comments: