Tuesday, July 26, 2011

(Sigh) A Weekend Alone

My husband and I have gone on trips, stayed overnight somewhere and of course gone out for the day or evening without our kids. But never have we had a weekend at home with them gone. Can I just tell you,

it was great!


The kids went with my mom and step dad to their camper so...

it was a win/win for everyone.

We had a weekend alone. Kids had a weekend of fun with grandma and grandpa. Grandma and Grandpa had quality time with the grand kids. Does it get any better for anyone?

Our weekend was filled with rich conversation, spontaneous fun, going deeper in friendships, and genuinely enjoying each other. Here a few ideas of somethings we did and a few we might do next time!


...talk to each other with no interruptions.

...shop at your favorite stores (not the toy store or grocery store) without someone hiding in the clothes or trailing behind.
... eat every meal out!

...eat where you want to! (Not McDonald's)

...stay up late because you know...
...you can sleep in the next day.

...spend time assessing your relationship, parenting, goals, dreams.

...be spontaneous.
(meet up with friends at your favorite restaurant for dessert.)

...getting "chores" done around the house quicker and easier.
(Paint a room, rearrange furniture.)

...Freedom to do WHATEVER YOU WANT!
(seriously...whatever you want! Sounds tempting huh?)

I love my kids!

(As I am sure we all do)

I love them so much that I know I need to get away sometimes by myself and with my true love!

So go...

Plan your weekend alone at home! You won't regret it.

(shh...I am already planning the next one!)


This post is linked up with Top Ten Tuesday at Oh Amanda!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a great weekend and we had so much fun! We are glad that you had time to reconnect and do what you wanted to do!