Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Back to School Traditions


I know...
is seems crazy that school starts in just 4 weeks.
I think, "that is enough time to have a lot more fun!"
And then I think, "Ohmigoodness! 4 more weeks of summer!"

I love traditions! We have Christmas traditions, Halloween traditions, birthday traditions, end of school year traditions. So it is only appropriate that back to school has traditions too!

Here are a few of my favorite back to school traditions:

Each child gets a "special" day with mom about the week before school. For Carys this usually means getting our nail done, lunch and picking out a back to school outfit. For Broderick it will be a trip to the toy store and a park or indoor play area with lunch also.

The first day of school I will make a fun, healthy breakfast. They will come home to a surprise snack. And for dinner we will go out to eat or I will make a dinner of their choice.

There will be an encouraging note in their lunchbox.
(I usually do this everyday, not just the first day.)

Rob and I will give them a gift after dinner.

I will decorate their bedroom door or the front door to surprise them when they get home.

There will be time spent on the "cuddle chair" talking about their day.
(This is also something that is done each day after school.)

These are just a few of the things that work for me and I can't wait to explore more fun things to do. Tell me, what are you back to school traditions?

No comments: