Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thankful Thursday {My BFF}


I have had a very hard time writing this post. Not because I don't know what to say about Carrie, but because there is so much to say and I don't want it to be a jumbled mess! I could tell you that she is the funniest person I have ever met. I could tell you how well we understand each other. I could tell you that I talk to her at least once a day, mostly more. I could tell you she plans the best parties. I could tell you we have been friends for 7 years. I could tell you the first time we talked on the phone (which was also the second time ever that we talked) it was for 2 hours. I could tell you about all the crazy things we have done together. I could tell you many things about her, but I think what I really want to say is this...

One year ago she lost her mom, Betty. (Who by the way was one of the most amazing women I ever met.) I have watched Carrie struggle through the emotions of loosing the closest person to her. And while most of the time it breaks my heart, I have been amazed at the way she has handled it. I know she would give all the glory to God for helping her get through this, which is absolutely the case. However, that would not be possible unless she relied on Him. Carrie would say, and I would agree, that people wanted to be more like Jesus just by being around her mom. I would say, Betty passed that trait to Carrie. I want to be more like Jesus because of watching Carrie grow closer to the Lord through her deep pain.


Today I am thankful for my best friend, Carrie.
You bless my life more than you will ever know!

4 comments:

Ricki said...

That is a beutiful tribute to Carrie, and her mom!

Rochelle said...

I'm thankful for your friend ( and my friend) Carrie too :) Even if she does like nasty salmon patties :)
You have been a rock for her and I know how much she appreciates your friendship.

Amy said...

Thanks Rochelle! I agree about the salmon patties!

Momma of The B.M.C. Report said...

Love this sweet post. Thankful for the amazing friendship that you truly have with Carrie. Love you both!