Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Tuesday night at house church I was teaching the kids lesson. I was reading the story of the crucifixion. The conversation went something like this...

Me: Have any of you ever sinned?
(Everyone of course raised their hand.)
Me: Do you all know what sin is?
Almost Everyone: When you do something bad!
Broderick: (my son) My mom says bad words all the time!!!!
Me (Turning red, laughing and feeling really awkward): Well, we all make wrong choices.
(Good recovery, right?)

Then today this is a conversation I had with Carys.
(She had stickers of all the Disney princesses on her shirt.)
Me: Which one is your favorite?
Carys: This one, this one, this one, this one, this one, and this one.
(She pointed at them all.)
Me: Do you know which one is my favorite?
Carys: (She looked at them and then pointed to herself with a huge grin!)
Me: (huge smile on my face) Of course!

How cute is that?! I was thinking of a Disney princess that is my favorite, but that little gesture and smile just made my day!

Today I am thankful for the funny things my kids do and say!

No comments: