Thursday, March 21, 2013

Sometimes it only takes one word

Me: Hello
Rob: Hello
Me:  How are you!?
Rob: Exhausted.  (pause) Can you hear me?
Me: Yes

Then the call ended. 

That was all it took...all I needed. 

I knew 3 things in that moment
1. Rob was fine.
2. I was ecstatic.
3. God's work was about to begin.

He tried to call me back several times, but had no luck.  He did send me a quick email.

A few hours later I was able to talk to Diana, Bret's wife, and she filled me in on more details.  She confirmed they were very tired, but they were heading to bed.  She also confirmed they got all their luggage which is great!  Diana asked Bret How Rob was doing and he said, "He is taking it all in."  I can't wait to find out what that means!

Today was not bad at all for me.  I was able to sleep pretty well last night and I worked most of the day today.  Got to keep busy, ya know.  Not sleeping yesterday has caught up to me so I am looking forward to going to bed.  I have had some great friends checking in on me, which has been such an encouragement and blessing so, thank you. 

Again,  keep the prayers coming.  I can feel God's grace and strength. I know it is Him, because I could not do it otherwise.

No comments: