Friday, March 22, 2013

Burning Bush or Music

We've been watching the Bible series on the History channel with the kids.  Have you?  It is great. 

The kids keep asking why God spoke to people with a burning bush or angels and he doesn't anymore.  This is a hard question to answer.  And just because he hasn't spoken to us that way doesn't mean he doesn't do it anymore. 

Well, this morning I was driving, listening to music, and honestly...I was having church.  Yup, just me.  It was awesome.  As I was driving this song came on.  I turned it up and soaked it in.  The words are true.  I would not have made it this far without Him.  (In  my life or the past couple of days.)

He has used music speak to me today.  He has also used many of you to encourage me.  (I know I keep saying this, but it is true.)  Right after the song was over, I got a text from my brother in law.  He was just checking in and wanted to see if I needed anything.  You want to hear the crazy thing?  I was driving to his work to meet my Dad.  You see, I was working for my Dad today and was leaving my car at Justin's work and my Dad was picking me up there.  I was driving on the highway and couldn't remember how to get to his work.  I literally laughed out loud when I got the text.  I called him and asked what exit to get off.  I was thinking, "Are you kidding me?  God do you care that much about me and where I am driving that I would get a text from the one person that could help me the best to see if I needed anything?" 

The answer is an emphatic YES!  He does care that much.  I know this may sound hokey to some of you, but I believe this with every fiber of my being.  I believe that God does this sort of thing everyday for each of us.  The question is, are we looking and listening for it? 
It may not be a burning bush, but he is speaking.

Update from Africa:  I am sure many of you saw my picture on Facebook.  If not, the kids got to "eat breakfast" with Rob.  While they ate we skyped with him.  It was great!  The kids loved it.  He took us around the house he is staying at.  (Technology is crazy!)  It was so fun to see.  We even got to say Hi to Bret and see the Carroll's dog.  The kids thought that was funny.  He also told me he ate greens and liked them.  Now if you know anything about my husband you know he does not like vegetables, so the fact that he liked them is a miracle.  I told him he needs to bring the recipe home!
Tomorrow is a travel day for Rob and Bret so keep them in your prayers.  And thanks for praying.  They were able to get rest last night, have a low key day today, and are sleeping now. 

No comments: