Friday, January 4, 2013

What Have I Done?

I will tell you...

I started a 10 day Raw Food Detox.  And I really didn't want to post about it, but I have a lot going on in my head so I am going to.  (So if you don't want to hear about it, stop reading.  And no...my blog is not going to become a healthy food blog.  If you want to read one of those go to Wholesome Bits.  It is great, and Jenna is the one who started this crazy detox.)

Anyway...

I decided to do it to jump start myself to eating better.  I really eat terribly.  We have talked about this...coffee for breakfast, tea for lunch, chips for a snack, normal dinner.  So my thinking was, if I eliminate most things and eat 3 meals and healthy snack it would get me off to a good start.  I do believe it has done that along with a few other things.

I am only on day 3 and I have learned a thing or two.  (or 5 and counting)

1.  Hot food just tastes good sometimes.
2.  I can live without coffee.  As much as I love my Grande Non-fat Cinnamon Dulce w/ whip, I have survived!
3.  I do actually feel better.  Days 1 & 2 I was grouchy, mainly because I just wanted what I wanted.  (said coffee drink.)  My stomach has not hurt for 3 days, which is awesome since it does almost every night.
4.  I find to much pleasure in food.  Why else would I get grouchy because I can't have something?  I just kept thinking, and still am, if I could just have coffee mentioned above.  Are you seeing a pattern here?  I really like my coffee.  After realizing that food brings me much joy I began to think, "Have I made this an idol?"  Do I look to food to bring me joy and not the Lord?  I think I would have to answer yes.  Which hurts to even say.  Food more important than the Lord!  (This is just day 3...what am I going to learn the next 7 days?)  I am still working through all this.
5.  I can do this.  Each night I go to bed and think, "I am just going to eat what I want tomorrow."  Then I wake up feeling refreshed and think, "I can do this."  I actually like what I am eating and have not felt hungry.  I just really want something hot besides tea. 

All that to say that when day 10 is over, I am getting a Grande Non-fat Cinnamon Dulce w/ whip, thanking the Lord that I can buy one, and going to still try and eat this way for at least breakfast and lunch.  So here is to the next 7 days...or how long I last!

No comments: