Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Follow-up to the Meltdown

Don't worry...

I didn't crawl up in depression after my last post.

I actually have had a great couple of days. 

This schedule is working out great!

Here are a few things I love about it:

I can change it.  Which means, I can add things when I need to, I can move things around.  But I can see the time I have to work with.  Like this week, I always hang out with Carrie on Thursdays at 1:00.  But I am working tomorrow afternoon.  I looked at my schedule, saw some green time this afternoon (which means extra time), called Carrie and said, "Hey, can you hang out today."  She could so it was perfect!

Devotions are scheduled in.  Let's be honest, if I see the words clean house on my schedule I am not going to ignore it.  Same is true for the word devotion.  If I see it, I am going to do it.

Green spaces.  This is the empty time.  Which means I can get something else done and be working ahead, I can meet up with a friend or with Rob for lunch, I can work at the kids school, exercise, I can read a book, or bake, or whatever...the list goes on.  But at least I know I have room to wiggle!  (Hahaha...that is kinda funny.)

Carved out time to play with my kiddos.  This is precious time.  When they get home from school, I know I have a few hours before dinner has to start cooking and I can just be with them.  Yesterday Broderick and I played a game...it was great!

One load a day.  I have never been a huge fan of the one load of laundry a day philosophy.  You see, I like to feel accomplishment.  And if clothes are in the hamper, that is not accomplishment.  But I decided to give it a try.  So far, so good.  I get up at 6:00 throw the laundry in, put it in the dryer or hang it up right before the kids get on the bus, and then fold it around lunch time.  We will see if this one lasts. 

All in all, this schedule is helping me feel a little more sane, happy and organized. 

No comments: