Friday, January 11, 2013

Thankful Thursday - not a fan.

 I started this post yesterday, when it was Thursday and never got around to finishing it.
So can we pretend it is Thursday?
Ok, Thanks!
 
Rob and I started reading this book about a month ago.
It is call not a fan, by Kyle Idleman.
Rob first bought it back in July when we were in Pikeville.
He read a few chapters and was really intrigued.
When we got home from Pikeville it sat on his night stand for a couple months.
Then we decided to read it together.
I thought, I might learn a thing or two.
But the subtitle is Becoming a Completely Ccommitted Follower of Jesus.
If you would have asked me a few months ago if I was a completely committed follower of Jesus I would have confidently said yes.
If you would have asked how I knew I would have said because
I go to church,
go to house church,
read the Bible,
and love the Lord.
While all those things are good and evidence of someone following Jesus this book, along with scripture, is showing me so much more.
 
It has been life changing.
 
It is not a deep, theological book.
But it cuts straight to the point and the heart.
 
We started doing it with house church last night and I am super excited
 to watch the Lord continue to work.
 
I would love to share this great book with all of you.
So I am going a giveaway!
All you have to do is comment to this post.
Then Monday I will pick one lucky winner!
Good luck and have a great weekend friends!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds interesting! We started a new series at church called All In. It's about being willing to take a risk - put it all on the line - for Christ. I already missed the first week because of the plague in my house, but listening to the first message online right now! :)

Beth Newsome said...

This sounds like a book I would love to read (and NEED to read)! Love that you are reading it together as a couple. Great idea!!

The Energizer Mommy said...

Not sure if I missed your "deadline", but I would LOVE to read this book. I have heard some great things about it. Hope you are doing well!