Friday, January 18, 2013

mini meltdown

Do you ever have them?

Sometimes they are BIG meltdowns.  You know the ones...sobbing, snot, anger.

And sometimes they are mini...frustration, a few tears, then a smile.

Yesterday was a mini one for me.

It started in the morning.  I was getting ready for work and this thought came to my mind, "I feel like I am doing a lot of things, half-hearted."  Do you ever feel like that?  Like you have 1,000 balls in the air, you don't want to keep juggling any of them but you know you have to.  Then one hits the floor.  It was the most important one, but you were so focused on the other 999 balls that don't matter as much as that one.  Make sense?

That is how I was feeling.  Except I wasn't dropping 1 ball, I was dropping lots.

I should make it known that I have a problem of over committing.  I tell everyone yes, because I like to do things to help people, and I don't want to make anyone angry.  So what happens is, I can have things to do like clean, or laundry or whatever.  Someone calls and wants to meet for lunch.  (Who doesn't want to meet for lunch?) So I ignore all the other stuff and go to lunch.  By the time I get home I still have things to do and I know the kids will be home soon.  That the makes the rest of my day/night crazy. 

Back to yesterday...I knew I had time in my days to go to lunch or exercise, or read a book, but everything was running together and I was feeling crazy.  Not to mention, I was doing things after the kids get home from school when all I really wanted to do was be totally focused on them.  I mean, I only get about 2 hours a night with them at this point...I need to really make it count.

When I got off work I called Rob and told him all of this.  He said, "Tonight let's make some coffee, and figure this out."  God bless this man!  So that's what we did.  I started by making a list of things that I think need to get done.  Clean house, laundry, dishes, grocery shop, time with the Lord, work, clean moms...you get the point.  Then my brilliant husband got out the computer and made me an Excel spreadsheet.  He has never been more attractive to me than in that moment.  You see, he took time to help me figure out my day.  He cared about my day, he was invested in me. 

After about 2 1/2 hours we had carved out time for all the things on my list.  And wouldn't you know I have EXTRA time.  (So call me...we will do lunch!  HA!)

Then today I was reading this and it made me super thankful for my hubby!

Oh, and 2 totally random things:
1.  I am loving the Phil Phillips album.  Have you listened to it?  It is great!
2.  I did the 30 day shred on Tuesday, Insanity onThursday and Zumba today.  Needless to say, my legs are killing me!

No comments: