Thursday, January 31, 2013

Thankful Thursday

On Tuesday I got to spend some extra time with my nephew, Jamison. 

If you know him, you know he is a hoot and a half!

He was making me smile all afternoon.   He kept saying, "I love you" and "you are pretty" and "Can I just sit with you."  Sweet right!? 

As I was sitting on the floor playing with him, I was thinking about the days that Broderick was 4 and Carys was a baby.  The days we would have play dates, and stay home, and go to the mall to play, and watch the Wiggles. 

I have said this before, but it is true.  When you are living those days they seem difficult, but in the moment of playing with Jamison I remembered really how simple they were.

Not that things aren't fun now because they are.  There are just different issues.  I even said to Rob that night that I am sure I will look back in on this time in 5 years and think how simple these days are.

So for now, I am finding the joy in these days.
I am soaking up every moment my kids want to cuddle or play.
I am being content in this moment.

Today I am thankful for the fun I had with Jamison and the fun I have with Broderick and Carys!

No comments: