Friday, March 6, 2015

Should I Laugh It Off or Cry It Out

It started yesterday morning...

"Mom, my throat really hurts."

I knew...I knew right then what was happening.  Carys had strep.  Before bed she was crying that her belly hurt and her throat was so sore.  I prayed for her and told her to go to sleep she would feel better in the morning.  At 10:30 I woke up to moaning coming from her room.  I went into check on her and she wasn't even awake.  She was swallowing and then moaning.  Poor girl...my heart broke.  Around 1:30 she came into my room crying that her throat and belly hurt.  We slept on the couch.  When it was time to get ready for school I tried my hardest to get her ready and force her to go.  I was trying to convince myself there was no way she had strep.  After a brief moment of frustration I gave in and told her to stay home.  Around 10:00 the doctor confirmed what I had suspected....a positive strep test. 

I know what you all are thinking..."who cares?  it's strep.  Get an antibiotic and get over it."  I hear you.  The thing is, last year, the day before we left for Africa both the kids came down with strep.  My kids have NEVER had strep until last year. Coincidence? I don't believe in them.  Nothing happens outside of the sovereignty of God...NOTHING. 

He is all-powerful.
He is good.
He is loving.
He is SOVEREIGN.
He is God and He is in control....of it all!

Leading up to this trip I have been struggling with anxiety...this is an area in my life God has done huge works.  However, I feel the temptation to let my mind wander to worry and doubt.  The thing that is most consuming my thoughts is that someone is going to get really sick while we are gone.  All this sickness before we leave is not helping.  I ask you to not only pray for the health of us all leading up to our departure, but that I would "take every thought captive to obey Christ." (2 Corinthians 10:5)

Thanks friends...We will be touching down in Uganda in exactly 2 weeks!!!!!!

No comments: