Thursday, March 26, 2015

Some Days Are Just Fun

Some days are really heavy...like the last post. 

But some days are just plain fun!  Today was one of those days. 

It started off with market shopping which is one of my favorite things to do.  The first time I ever did it, I was terrified and didn't want to get out of the car...now I love it!

Once we got to Ebenezer it was a day of playing.  First for me...We walked to the "restaurant" down the road from Ebenezer for chapati.  Then Amber and I took the kids on a Boda Boda ride (this is a motorcycle taxi).  We went out to the main road, hailed a boda...which really meant we had to tell a bicyclist to ride into town and send 2 Bodas back for us, then took the kids into town to get a soda and brought them back to Ebenezer.  Her and I then continued the ride through the African bush...so fun!  I got to see part of the community surrounding Ebenezer that I had never seen.  It was truly
gorgeous.



We spent the afternoon playing with the children at Ebenezer.  We read books, colored, jumped rope, played soccer, sang songs...just laughed and had fun. 





Today gave me hope.  I really saw how far Ebenezer has come since Rob first visited 2 years ago and I first visited a year and a half ago.  While there are still needs there is a lot of good happening.  Today I was coloring with a little girl that I saw laying under a hut very, very sick.  Now she is healthy and smiling.  I watched the kids eat eggs with porridge and some cabbage with their lunch...thanks to the nutrition fund I posted about a few days ago.  I heard children laughing that 2 years ago did nothing but cry.  I saw children going to school that were not in school a few months ago.  This community and these children have a chance at a future.  They too have hope.

No comments: