Thursday, March 19, 2015

Anthem

Today is the day people!  We board a plane once again to visit a place and people we love and care deeply about. 

Preparing for this trip has been a little different than the 2 prior trips to Africa.  The first time we decided 5 weeks before to go so there wasn't a whole lot of time to prepare.  And since it was just Rob and I going I spent most of my time preparing to leave the kids for 10 days. The second time we went, the kids first time, I spent most of my time preparing to take 2 kids along.  This time, though, since we have all been, and because I hadn't before, I made a conscience effort to prepare my heart, mind and soul for whatever God has in store.  I can not tell you what a blessing this has been. 

One thing has been the same (besides the packing, and checking, and rechecking)...each trip the Lord has given me a song, an Anthem.  A song that I can listen to and pray through.  A song that speaks to what God is going to do.  A song that speaks to what God is doing.  A song that encourages me.  This year the song is "In Over My Head" by Bethel.



I have listened to it about 100 times in the last week.  Whenever I start worrying...I turn it on.  Whenever I feel the urge to pray about the trip...I turn it on.  Whenever I am getting overwhelmed...I turn it on.  I let the words just wash over me.  Some of my favorite lines...

"I'm full but I'm not satisfied. This longing to have more of you."

"I'm standing knee deep but I'm out where I've never been."

"Would you come and tear down the boxes that I have tried to put you in."

"Further and further my heart moves away from the shore.  Whatever it looks like, whatever may come I am yours."

"You crash over me and I've lost control but I'm free."

(sigh)  So good.  So, so good.  I just pray those lyrics over myself and let the Spirit crash over me.

Okay friends!  I will talk to you from Africa next time!!!  xoxoxo

No comments: