Monday, May 23, 2011

WeekEND News

Whew...what a weekend! Friday night was dress rehearsal so Carys and I headed to that and the boys went out for "boys night!" Thankfully Carys and I were not there long so we met up with the boys to go see a movie. Saturday morning was Father's Saturday at Carys' school. Which can I just say...she was super excited about this. Of course it called for a special hair bow that said, "Wild for daddy". Yes, I know, adorable. Thanks to this fabulous website! Carys and Rob went to breakfast first and then to their special day. She loved it. Nothing like special time with dad. While they were gone Broderick and I had some special time too. So good to spend one on one time with my kiddos.
Saturday night was date night. It had been a long time and I was needing it! We went to a great restaurant that we had never been to and then did some shopping. It was so fun to be out together. And the kids had a great time with our wonderful babysitter. They made cupcakes!
Sunday was the BIG day! Carys has been working so hard for the last 9 months at ballet. She finally got to do her dance on stage. She loved every minute of it. The costume, the make up, the flowers, the attention. She really did do a great job! This year was serious ballet. Her teacher, Mr. Jayson, was amazing. At the beginning of the year I wasn't crazy about her having a male instructor, but he was great! (He was Brittany Spears teacher before she went to Mickey Mouse club.) Carys and another little girl really soaked up the instruction and had a duet at the beginning of the dance that was just precious! I really hope to get the same teacher next year.

My star with her flowers, from daddy and Broderick, and her trophy.
So sweet!

No comments: