Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Long WeekEND News

I really think this weekend was perfect!
Friday night brought a drive-in movie. It was so much fun. This is bound to be a summer favorite. It is a late night but so worth it! The kids think it is so fun to sit in the back of the van in our jammies on bean bags and eat snacks! Loved it!
Saturday morning we hung around home and then in the evening we went to the amusement park with friends. We stayed for the fireworks. Again, such a great time!

This place never gets old.
Sunday we went to the pool. Let me just say, I was not looking forward to the first trip to the pool. I bought a really cool cover up in hopes that would help. I lathered up in sunscreen before we left home and then again when we got there. I was sitting on the edge of the pool in my cover up about 5 minutes after we got there and I started crying.

Yup...break down!
I am not sure why.
It wasn't because I will be white all summer.
It wasn't because I was sitting on the edge with my cover up on.
It wasn't because I will be 30 in less than a month!

I think reality just hit. I am going to have to be extra careful all summer. Really, whenever it is sunny. Sunscreen every hour, hat, sunglasses, in the shade. You name it...I have to be careful. Hopefully there will be no more break downs. Either way, we had a great time at the pool. Carys went down the slide for the first time. Broderick did the diving board. He was so bummed they took out the high dive because he really wanted to do it this year. Can I tell you, I could not be happier about that decision!
Monday morning we...

woke up late...

drank coffee on the patio...

the kids jumped on the trampoline...

watched squirrels mate in the tree.

Yeah...you read that right. I tried to get a picture but they realized we were watching them and moved to a more private location. I know, I am weird. It was very entertaining though! We went back to the amusement park, but to the water park. It was so HOT! Broderick rode some new water slides. We swam and again...just had a great time. No break downs this time! We topped off the day with pizza and movie night. We watched Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader. It was so good. I love all the Narnia movies, but this one I think was #2 for me. Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe of course is my #1.

No comments: