Monday, May 9, 2011

WeekEND News - Mother Day's Weekend


I had such a wonderful weekend. Did you? The fun really started on Thursday. Broderick's school had the sweetest Mother's Day Tea. The kids met us in the lobby of the school and then walked us back to the "community space" (an area outside of about 6 of the classrooms.) There were chairs set up where each child picked a special seat for their mothers. Then the kids recited a couple poems to us...which were just adorable. After that we went into their class where they had decorated the tables and made us cookies. It looked great! They served us lemonade or water. It was so sweet and fun! Thursday night Carys, my mom, sister and I went to get pedicures and dinner. Another fun time! (That picture is obviously above!)


Friday I had a mother's day tea at Carys' school. They sang great songs that made me cry and laugh. Carys had to go potty during the middle and then got embarrassed and wouldn't go back up and sing. Thankfully she cheered up for snack and craft time. Her teacher had asked her some questions about me and then wrote in her answers. It went a little something like this:
What does your mom like to do in her spare time? Lay on the couch and watch a mommy show. (She is right, but reading that made me feel kind of lazy.)
What would you change about your mom? That she would stop yelling at Broderick. (She is right again, but it made me feel pretty crappy.)
Needless to say, I left thinking, I should change a few things...

Saturday started out sunny so we headed to the amusement park. Can I just say, I love doing this with the family. We walk in and immediately can smell the water from the fountains, the food, hear the laughter and screams. It is great! We stayed for a couple hours then went to a fabulous place for lunch. We played outside for awhile when we got home. Broderick was doing a great job riding his 2 wheeler and wouldn't ya know...I didn't get a picture. Saturday night we hung out at home and some friends stopped by for a little bit.

Sunday we of course did church (Broderick lost another tooth at church) and then went to one of my favorite places for lunch. After that we went and bought the kids a trampoline. It doesn't seem like a great way to spend mothers day...going to buy and put together a trampoline, but...think of the hours of relaxation I will get while they jump! Make sense?

All in all
it was a fabulous weekend!

No comments: