Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thankful Thursday {Motherhood}

I was trying to think of something other than mother's to be thankful for this Thursday, but it kept coming to mind. Even more so than being thankful for my mom, or moms in general, I kept thinking about how thankful I am to be a mom. I knew before Rob and I started dating that I wanted to be a mom, and a stay at home mom at that. I always said I was going to have 4 kids. (You see how that turned out.) While I think large families are great and I applaud mothers that have more than 2 kids, that job is not for me. After I had Broderick I quickly knew that one more would probably be all that was in our future. (Thank goodness she came out a girl, because it made the decision that much easier.) I love being a mom, don't get me wrong. I just don't think I personally could be pulled in any more directions!
My pictures messed up while uploading. Above is Carys right after she was born and Below is me and Broderick right after he was born. Don't I have the "new mom fog" going on?
I love getting nice morning hugs. I love doing fun things with them. I love cooking with them. I love having movie night with them. I love taking them to "surprises"! I love listening to the things they say. I love watching them grow and learn. I love when something I have been working on with them finally "clicks". I love hearing them tell me about their days. I love watching them dance. I love listening to them talk to their friends. I love hearing them pray. I love seeing them smile. I love the way they love each other. I love the way they challenge me.
I love that God blessed me with them.


This Thursday I am thankful for Motherhood!

No comments: