Thursday, March 20, 2014

Okay...So I Lied

No we are not in Uganda yet.  So I am sorry but I am posting again from the states.

Do you all remember me saying how important prayers are for this trip? 
They are.  And I know there are many of you praying....keep it up. 

Yesterday Carys woke up with a sore throat so I thought, I will send her to school and we will see how she is tomorrow and then go to the doctor if she is not better.  She didn't get better.  In fact she got worse.  She woke up at 3:00 am and her throat hurt really bad.  I sent her to school because she seemed okay this morning.  I called the doctor right at 8:00 and got her an appointment for 11:40. 

All morning I was praying and listening to worship music.  (The new Rend Collective, The Art of Celebration to be exact.  So, so good!)  I was having a great morning.  I was pushing back all negative thoughts about what could go wrong before tomorrow.  I just kept hearing God say, "Take the next step in front of you.  Don't worry what the next five are."  So that is what I did.

When I got to school to pick Carys up for her appointment the secretary said, "Broderick is in the clinic with a fever."  I just laughed.  I mean seriously, what else could I do? Thankfully I already had a doctors appointment.  We got to the doctor and she was so kind and gracious to check out both kids because she knows we are leaving tomorrow.  It turns out Carys has strep.  The doctor said Broderick's throat looked fine but due to his high fever she was thinking he had the flu...like H1N1 flu.  She was just going to give me Tamiflu without doing the test.  I really wanted to get the test because I know myself and I would be so worried about all of us getting the flu while gone.  Thankfully she decided to do a strep test on Broderick just to be sure.  Well guess what...he has strep too!  I was so glad it was not the flu.  Now they both are on antibiotics.  By the time we actually get to Africa they should be feeling better.

Here's what I need you to pray for.  That even with lack of sleep, traveling and time changes the Lord will boost all of our immune systems.  I don't want to be worrying about illness while we are gone.  That being said, I know God is sovereign in all of this.  I know that.  The truth is though I really struggle with worrying about my kids health.  I know God has BIG things planned for us and I don't want my doubt and worry to cloud that.  I read this quote today, "I have learned that faith means trusting in advance what will only make sense in reverse." Philip Yancey.  I have seen this played out first hand in a friends life this week.  I have no doubt that in a few days/weeks I will look back on this and see God's sovereign hand.  I already have.  I mean let's be honest...they could have gotten sick in 2 days instead of today. 

Thank you all so much and please don't stop praying!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Praying BIG things, Amy! I can't even imagine. I can definitely see that the Lord is going to do a mighty work through all of you, or Satan wouldn't be throwing these curveballs your way. Praying you through this; love you guys!