Monday, June 20, 2011

WeekEND News {Unplugged}

Rob and I decided on Tuesday that we wanted to get away.

Disconnect.

Unplug.

Seclude ourselves.

It was perfect.
Life has been a little crazy around these parts and we really wanted to spend time together as a family without all the background noise.
We rented a cabin, turned off our phones, left DS and computers at home, and took off.
It was perfect. (Did I say that already?)

We hiked. A LOT!
One hike we did was 2 1/2 miles long around the brim of 200 foot cliffs. It was beautiful. We walked up about 200 steps and then down about 200 steps. The kids were real troopers!
We relaxed in the hot tub.
We relaxed in the hammock.
We colored in bed.
Rob stole the show with teaching the kids how to make face paint from creek rocks. Who knew my husband was so outdoorsy?!
We hiked some more. More steps!
We enjoyed the beauty God created!

Sunday was my birthday (in case you didn't know) and my super awesome husband, surprised me, yet again with a massage at the cabin. It was fabulous! He took the kids outside and the massage therapist came right to the cabin.
I had a wonderful birthday! Could you tell by all the posts about celebrating me!

Unplugging this weekend was just what we needed. It was perfect. (Did I mention that yet?) Rob and I took time last night when we got home and talked about the weekend and how we can change our everyday lives. It is so easy to get caught up in the everyday and not really take time to slow down and breath. I have a feeling this will be a regular event for us.

2 comments:

Ferree Bowman Hardy said...

I love the cliffs! Where'd you go?That's my idea of a vacation (that and disaster relief--my new favorite vacation)! Glad you had a relaxing time.

Amy said...

Thanks Ferree. We went to Hocking hills. It was perfect. Miss seeing you.