Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Do I dare say...

...that my February resolution is going to be to change my eating habits?
I don't know...I am scared. If I put it on here then I am accountable and that is super scary! Shouldn't I say I am going to love my neighbor more since it is Valentine's day month, or spend more time reading to my kids because it is the perfect weather to curl up and snuggle with a book, anything but my diet!

Okay, okay...I will eat better! There I said it! My plan for now is this...
Breakfast: fruit or a low fat smoothie
Lunch: Salad or low fat smoothie
Snack: Fruit or vegetable
Dinner: Something that I normally make just a smaller portion
And NO eating after 7.
I would like to eat this way 5 out of 7 days. Sometimes, I am not going to be able to have a salad or smoothie for lunch and that is okay. This is just a start people. Right now, I eat nothing for breakfast, usually nothing for lunch. Snack between 2 and 6. I am starving by dinner so I over eat. Then, I want something sweet so I eat junk at 8pm.

Bad, I know.

The goal is to get rid of this awful habit I have created. I have done weight watchers in the past and loved it, but I have learned how to "cheat the system." Snickers for lunch, with a light dinner isn't exactly healthy either. I have gotten bored with it too, so this seems new and fresh. I am planning on changing it up a bit because salads and smoothies might get boring after a week, but I needed a plan for today and this week.

So there you have it. February resolution....

Exercise update: Still trying to get back in the groove. I get my stitches out Friday so I am hoping after that I can pick up Zumba again. Wii fit is calling my name today.

No comments: