Monday, February 21, 2011

Singlets, Sweat, and Colorful People

Wrestling has been interesting for a few reasons...
~It has been our first "real" sport. Practices twice sometimes three times a week. Which meant no family dinners on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and sometimes Thursdays.
~All day meets on Sunday.
~Watching my little boy get hurt and sometimes hurt another kid.
~Getting SO excited when he won or pinned his opponent.
~Seeing people at meets I haven't seen in over 7 years.
~I have seen more mullets, cut off t-shirts, braided tails, tattoos, and more Carhart jackets than I care to mention.
~My sister almost getting in a fight with another mom. (Makes me laugh just thinking about it!)
~Watching Rob be an AWESOME coach to not only Broderick but other little boys. He really knows how to bring the best out in a kid and I believe that is what being a good coach is all about!
~Most importantly, watching Broderick have so much fun. He said today at lunch, "I have wrestling tonight." I said, "No you don't. It is over honey." He then got a sad look on his face and said, "oh yeah." He really did enjoy it, learned a ton and is already looking forward to next season.

Below:One of his first pins.
Below: First meet.
Below: Last pin for the season! This was at State.

1 comment:

Momma of The B.M.C. Report said...

I LOVE these pictures of Broderick! I started laughing when I read about your sister almost getting into a fight with another mom. It sounds like something my sister would do! So funny :)